RUSHBOND PVA – 20L
Rushbond PVA is polyvinyl acetate based polyvinyl suspension used as a surface sealer, bonding agent, admixture for cement and mortar.
Rushbond PVA bonds with almost all building materials except PVC, rubber and polyethylene. When added with suitable filler, it can be used to bond plaster board, ceramic tiles, marbles etc.
This gives mortars, especially topping mortars, very good resistance. The wear resistance of screed treated with Rushbond PVA is excellent compared to a conventional screed with common mortar.
Rushbond PVA has a plasticizing effect which improves mortar application, increases the mechanical strength of screed and renders, reduces shrinkage and has perfect adhesion even on smooth concrete.
Rushbond PVA can be used as a surface sealer for concrete and floors to minimize the dusting and penetration of unwanted oils. It can be used as an effective primer to certain decorative coatings.
- For using as an adhesive for uneven surfaces, or gaps to be filled, prepare a paste of Rushbond PVA diluted with an equal amount of water, cement and fine sand. The paste can be applied as an adhesive for plaster boards, polystyrene tiles etc. to ceiling and walls. If the bonding surface is more porous, add 3 times the amount of water to Rushbond PVA and prime the surface.
- As a bonding agent for screed, plaster and rendering, the surface should be sound and free from all unwanted materials, such as oil, grease, paint etc. sealing of the surface is done with 1 part of Rushbond PVA and 3 parts of water. Then apply the bonding coat and render, screed or plaster normally. The same method is used to bond new concrete to old.
- As an admixture, Rushbond PVA gives a crack free thin floor screed. For normal to heavy duty flooring 20-30 liters/100kg. Cements is recommended.
- For heavy rendering and cementations topping, seal and prime the surface and prepare the render coat with 1 part of clean washed sand with 1 part of ordinary Portland cement, 1 part of Rushbond PVA to 3 part of clean water. Apply this to the tacky priming coat. 10 to 15 liters Rushbond PVA per 100kg of Cement is recommended for such type of application.
- PVA Bond is not recommended where permanent dampness occurs.
- Do not use below 50°C.
- Over toweling is to be avoided.
- Always follow the mixing ratio and instructions. TDS_Rushbond PVA_RTL_1116 rushbond pva bonding.
As an admixture
- Floor screed/toppings: 20-30 L per 100kg. Cement i.e. 100 liters m2 of mortar approximately.
- Render coat: 10-15 L. per 100kg cement.
CLEANING : Clean all the tools with water immediately after use. Hardened materials can be removed mechanically only.
STORAG E & PACKING : Store under cover, out of direct sunlight and protect from extreme temperatures. In tropical climates the product must be stored in air-condition environment. Shelf life is up to 12 months when stored as per recommendations. Available in 1.5kg packs.
HEALTH AND SAFETY : As with all construction chemical products caution should always be exercised. Protective clothing such as gloves and goggles should be worn. Treat any splashes to the skin or eyes with fresh water immediately. Should any of the products be accidentally swallowed, do not induce vomiting, but call medical assistance immediately.